Truths

So for the last few days... my mom has been sending these emails called TRUTHS and today's email got me to thinking about some things...

TODAY'S REMINDER:  Simply put……peace often begins with acceptance. &
TRUTH:  If someone doesn’t see you in their future, maybe it’s time for you to put them in your PAST.


I couldnt agree more with the two statements posted above: if you dont accept something that IS and continue to think its another way in your idealistic world how will you ever come to terms with it. Acceptance is part of the healing process. Accepting what is and in turn what may never be.

I was talking to someone from my past today and they started asking me questions about 'moving on' and being the skeptic that I am I was hesitant to answer so I hit them with the 'well you go first' and well they did. So they tell me they have a 'friend' and I'm like ok cool. (Dang, guess that makes it my turn huh-I really didnt think I would get an answer). So I'm forced to respond and I go... Yeah I been on a few dates...nothing serious. OMG!!!!  Why did I do that? Now they are upset with me and all in their feelings and shocked at the thought of me moving on. So now there is drama for no reason... but if they would have followed today's reminder and realized that what we had is no more and if they can accept that that's just how its going to be, we would be able to talk openly about how we feel, right? Yeah I thought so too... Which leads me to my second comment about the truth for the day:  if I was their future and the ONLY person they truly wanted to be with, to love, cherish and care for, they never would have become my past... <<<<< think about it. :)

You live, you learn and you move on. I know its easier said than done but its not IMpossible... I know... I'm proof of that......but it also makes me wonder - how soon is too soon to move on? Your thoughts....

~Mo~

Comments

  1. TRUTH: If someone doesn’t see you in their future, maybe it’s time for you to put them in your PAST.


    Yep!!!! No love lost if you can accept this fact. Everyone aint meant to leave with everybody!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Dont Know What You Got til Its Gone.........

Friends With Benefits: Share Your Thoughts

The Father Factor: Mo's Version