Grateful....

The last few weeks I haven't quite been feeling like myself. I haven't been my normal, bubbly, happy self and I couldn't figure out why i was trying to slump into this 'depression'. I couldn't describe how I felt...just knew that I was in a BLAH mood.... I'm going to go ahead and chalk all that up to the Devil trying to come in and steal my joy, ole slew foot joker (as my line sister would say) but guess whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat - I'm smiling again... FOR REAL SMILING. Not pose for school pictures fake smiling either, lol... Life is good...actually life is amazing, spectacular and wonderful!

Even though he almost got me, I had to remind myself of all the things I had to be grateful for. You know older people used to always say "If you just look around, there is always someone worse off than you, and you'd better be grateful for what you have."  Not to delight in anyone else's misery by thinking about how bad their situation is versus mine, but it didn't take long for me to really open my eyes and realize all of the wonderful things I possess, tangible and intangible for me to get a smile on my face and give all praises to God...

I am grateful for each day, a new day that has never been seen, I wake up in my right mind (that's questionable sometimes, lol) but with the strength, determination and intelligence to make a living to support myself and my spoiled rotten, yet well behaved (for the most part) daughter. I have transportation that is hopefully getting ready to change soon (for the better) and a job that deposits money in my bank account regularly so I can do what I need to do. So I have what I NEED, and the things that I desire aren't far behind either... I have a handful of really good friends that I can count on that enrich my life and add to it (nowadays that's a blessing in itself) and the best family a person could ever ask for. And although we don't always see eye to eye, I love them wholeheartedly and I love the fact that when it comes down to it, we have each others back (and front too!)  I may not be wealthy by judging by my bank balance, but my life is rich with all of the people and things in it that make it so much easier than some others may have it. I don't want to fix my mouth to seem ungrateful for ANY of it as I know it can be taken away just like that (insert finger snap here). :)

So if you're having a difficult time with where you are right now, just stop and evaluate where you are and where you COULD BE and I'm sure  you'd find a few things to be grateful for and appreciate the things you do have a little bit more too. We get caught up pressing toward the visions, goals and dreams we have set for ourselves that we can get frustrated that we aren't there yet, but if you pause for just a moment and glance back quickly (don't linger and get caught up in the past) you will see the progress you've made and just how far you've really come...  one day at a time... everything will eventually fall into place.... So don't focus so much on where you want to be that you don't enjoy and appreciate where you are... that's what I've learned and that's exactly what I plan to do. :)

~Mo~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dont Know What You Got til Its Gone.........

Friends With Benefits: Share Your Thoughts

The Father Factor: Mo's Version