Dealing with Life's Disappointments

Hey guys! I've really missed blogging, but its been sooooooooooo hard to find the time to write! I am going to try to commit at a minimum to at least one post per week. I have so much I want to say too, lol, just hadnt had time to sit down and write it all out. 
I saw this quote that struck something in me.... and is the background for this post.
“Being happy doesn't mean that everything in life is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections, and live anyhow.”
People have always made comments or asked me questions like " Why are you always smiling/cheesing?", or "What are you so happy about?" and "Look at that kool-aid smile!" and I just laugh it off. In my head I'm thinking why not? To me, its always been part of my character to be optimistic and smile and laugh my way through trials, tribulations, hurt, pain and even anger. I realize not everyone possesses that quality, and although I do it can be a blessing and it can be a curse.

Right now, I want to talk more about why its a blessing and I'll deal with the curse part later. (Maybe in a part 2 to this post) My outlook on life is simple... "Life is not fair, and life is not always going to be good, but you have to take the good WITH the bad and make the MOST of every situation."  I realize that people arent always going to treat me fairly, give to me the way I give to them, love me the way I love them, or be considerate of my feelings like I would them. I understand and embrace (sometimes reluctantly) that all 'men/women' are not really created equal (theoretically speaking.) Well, we may be originally created that way but can grow into very different and varying types of people depending on our upbringing, environment and just LIFE.

My general expectation is that life is going to be great; I'll be ridiculously successful, have a wonderful family, and just be HAPPY, but the reality is that may or may not be my everyday. I've encountered so many people that as soon as something negative happens or happens outside of their 'bubble' or expectation, the world is coming to an end. Its just not that serious to me.  You have to take things in stride and learn the life lesson from every situation and interaction you have. Now dont get me wrong, just because I think and feel that way doesnt mean I dont get hurt or even upset, trust me I do. (I'm sure if you ask around a few people can attest to that) but the difference is, I DONT LET THOSE THINGS DEFINE ME OR MY FUTURE OR PERMANENTLY ALTER MY MOOD.  You have to learn to forgive and let go and move on. Life is too short and I dont know if people realize it or not, but you dont really get another chance at this life thing here on Earth. So why, oh why would you waste your days worrying and fretting about things you cant change nor fix.  If we dont get our way, it wasnt for us. If things didnt turn out as well as we hoped, God must have something better.

How do you learn to appreciate all the good days when you never experience any bad ones? Its inevitable that everything wont always go our way but the most important thing is how we respond to life situations. So yeah I'll laugh, I'll smile and anticipate the next great thing thats in store for me, and if that doesnt work out, *shoulder shrug* I will keep trying until I get it right as many chances as God gives me. So, even though everything in life isn't exactly the way we want it to be, we have to learn to take those detours with dignity, grace, patience and enjoy the opportunity to TRY AGAIN.... not everyone has that option.  It's nice to take the scenic route sometimes...definitely enhances your trip along the way.  Life is meant to be enjoyed, not spent moping around and discouraged about what isn't rather embracing (one way or another) what IS, and the here and now.  

Happiness, joy, peace and all of those warm and fuzzy places are a DECISION. Regardless of what comes your way, or what hand you are dealt in life, play that bad boy out til the end and do the best with what you have and ENJOY the blessing of still being here to enjoy LIFE. 

~Mo~ .

Comments

  1. Hey Mo this is Stefanie here (the system wouldn't allow me to add my name),
    I like it and I personally agree with your view. I was one of those people at one point who allowed 'not so ideal' situations to make me a depressed person and it was sad....but God showed me a lot this year and I know I can't control everything. I have to give my best with love and gratitude and keep it moving. It's not easy and although God has lead me in this direction, its not always easy but I'm doing it and as long as I/we are here, we can live it out to the best!!! You are a very good writer to me and I enjoy reading your thoughts :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Dont Know What You Got til Its Gone.........

Friends With Benefits: Share Your Thoughts

The Father Factor: Mo's Version